Front cover PhD thesis Peter van der Gulik
Transfer RNAs (tRNA) are an integral component of translation in the three domains of life (Archaea, Bacteria and Eukaryotes). In this project, we are searching for domain-specific patterns in the set of tRNAs that are used.
We are also investigating whether these patterns can help assess the completeness of newly assembled genome sequences.
- Wouter Hoff, Oklahoma State University
- Peter van der Gulik, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Amsterdam
- Astrid Groot, University of Amsterdam
- Martijn Egas, University of Amsterdam
- Jenna Gallie, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology